1. Objectives This study is aimed to develop the algorithm, which can help clinicians diagnose Soeumin's symptomology, based on the indexes such as dry mouth, water drinking, sweat, urine, appetite, digestion, and stool, etc.
2. Methods This research analyzes the items of 『Donguisusebowon(東醫壽世保元)』 to reveal the inevitable and sequential indexes of Soeumin's symptomology diagnosis, in order of exterior-interior pattern differentiation, favorable-unfavorable pattern differentiation, and mild-severe-dangerous-urgent pattern differentiation.
3. Results and Conclusions 1) 1st step: Soeumin's exterior pattern and interior pattern are differentiated in terms of heat and cold, respectively.
Stool and digestion are used to confirm the difference.
2) 2nd step: The existence of sweat is used to find out that an exterior pattern is with or without favor, while the indexes of stool, dry mouth, and generalized pain are used to identify an interior pattern with or without favor.
3) 3rd step: The favorably exterior-heat pattern can be either mild or severe by the indexes of cold-heat, stool,tidal fever, and manic raving, panting and straight looking, while the unfavorably exterior-heat pattern can be either dangerous or urgent by the ones of cold-heat, stool, and urine. And, the favorably interior-cold pattern can be either mild or severe by the indexes of stuffiness and fullness, jaundice, and edema, while the unfavorably interior-cold pattern can be either mild or severe by the ones of vexation level.