1. Objectives The purpose of this study is to understand the origin, changes and composition of Soeumin's Bojungikgi-tang.
2. Methods 1) Analyzeｄ the context of the progressive transformation of soeumin's Bojungikgi-tang ｉｎ related passageｓ from 『Donguibogam (東醫寶鑑)』, 『Donguisusebowon·Chobongwon (東醫壽世保元·草本卷)』, 『Donguisusebowon·Gabobon (東醫壽世保元·甲午本)』,『Donguisusebowon·Sinchukbon (東醫壽世保元·辛丑本)』,『Dongmuyugo (東武遺稿)』2) Examineｄ the differences between the utilization of Soeumin's Bojungikgi-tang in pre-existing manuscripts according to pathological pattern and ｍｏｒｅ specifically ａｔ ａ pathological stage.
3) Analyzed the total primary effect of the herbs as a prescriptive category, as well as the herbal properties of each component.
3. Results and Conclusion 1) Originally Dongwon's Bojungikgi-tang was prescribed as a stomach & spleen organ tonifying medicine so it was easily applied and established as a prescriptｉｏｎ appropriate ｆｏｒ Soeumin constitutional types with a weaker spleen organ.
2) From Gabobon(甲午本), Soeumin's Bojungikgi-tang was modified, excluding Bupleurum falcatum(柴胡), Cimicifuga heracleifolia (升麻) and substituting Teucrium chamaedrys(藿香), Ophiopogon japonicus(蘇葉) which are herbs appropriate for ｔｈｅ Soeumin constitutional type. 3) In the Gabobon(甲午本), the Gegi-tang which has yang raising properties ｉｓ included in the Soeumin's Bojungikgi-tang. In Sinchukbon(辛丑本), the Gegi-tang ｏｆ the Soeumin's Bojungikgi-tang in the Gabobon was excluded and the Gegi-tang mutateｄ into Hwangigyeji-tang. 4) In the Gabobon(甲午本), as the Soeumin's Bojungikgi-tang was ｐｒｅｓｃｒｉｂｅｄ ｆｏｒ Soeumin disease regardless of favorable-unfavorable patterns and mild-severe patterns, the stage of the disease when ｔｏ ｐｒｅｓｃｒｉｂｅ Soeumin's Bojungikgi-tang was not clarified.
5) As of the Sinchukbon(辛丑本) edition, as Soeumin's prescriptions have been obvious, the soeumin's Bojungikgi-tang was applied to Mang-yang disease with Hwangigyeji-tang and Seungyangikki-tang .
6) As of the Sinchukbon(辛丑本) edition, the Soeumin's Bojungikgi-tang has been applied to ｐａｔｉｅｎｔｓ having both exterior-heat Mang-yang disease and Greater-yin disease， at the same time.
7) As of the Sinchukbon(辛丑本) edition, finally, the Soeumin's Bojungikgi-tang formula has been established as gathering Qi and middle tonification with Panax ginseng(人蔘), Astragalus membranaceus(黃芪), keeping the spleen healthy with Artractylodes japonica(白朮), keeping the spleen strong with Angelica acutiloba(當歸), ｒｏｏｔing ｔｈｅ spleen with Citrus reticulata(陳皮), raising Yang and middle ｊｉａｏ with Teucrium chamaedrys(藿香), Ophiopogon japonicus(蘇葉), middle tonification with Glycyrrhiza glabra(甘草灸), Zingiber officinale(生薑), Zizyphus jujuba(大棗) .