In order to investigate experimental effects of YangkyukSanwha-Tang, which is the typical prescription for diseased SOYANGIN, on diabetes rats, the observation and measurement was made on the content of volume of blood glucose, total cholesterol, triglyceride, phospholipid, total protein, electrolyte (K+, Na+) in serum, by dosing the cooked Y.S.T. to diabetic rats, induced by streptozotocin and following result was obtained.
1. The volume of blood glucose, in the diabetic rats, was decreased significantly, and remarkable decrease of blood glucose was shown in the Y.S.T. (12.5ml/kg) dosed group, after 4 weeks of experiment.
2. The volume of total cholesterol of blood serum was decreased notably, especially remarkable reduce of total cholesterol was shown in the Y.S. T. (12.5ml/kg) dosed group after a week.
3. The volume of triglyceride in the blood serum of diabetic rats, induced by the streptozotocin was decreased after 4 weeks, and remarkable decrease was shown in the Y.S.T. (12.5ml/kg) dosed group after 2 weeks of experiment.
4. The volume of the phospholipid in the diabetic rats, was decreased significantly in the Y.S. T. (12.5ml/kg) dosed group after 2 weeks of experiment.
S. The volume of total protein of diabetic rats, was increased in all group, and the remarkable increase was shown in the Y.S.T. (1.25ml/kg) dosed group after 4 weeks.
6. The volume of the sodium in the Y.S.T. (1.25ml/kg) dosed group, was notably increased in 2 weeks, and remarkable decrease of potassium in serum was shown, in each Y.S.T. dosed group (1.25ml/kg, 12.5ml/kg) after a week of experiment.
According to above results,It is expected that Y.S.T. applied to SOYANGIN, can be used for medical treatment of diabetes with effect. But because the effect can be somewhat different depending upon dosage, appropriate operation on clinic is needed, for the best curing effect.