Information for Authors
Korea Communication Design Association Communication Design Association
Article 1 (How to submit academic journals)
1. The paper is written in accordance with the regulations for contribution of this society, and the researcher's name and affiliation are deleted, along with the confirmation of compliance with research ethics regulations.Submission to jams.or.kr is referred to as a public offering.
2. The papers finalized after the thesis review process will be published according to the editorial committee's decision on the order of publication.
3. The published paper is not returned.
Article 2 (Qualification and Examination of Contributions)
1. The qualification of the thesis contributor must be a full member of this society, both the principal and the co-author.
2. The contributor of the dissertation (both the principal and co-author) shall submit a written consent for compliance with research ethics regulations, compliance with copyrights, and utilization to the Society.
3. Published papers will be determined after screening by the judges appointed by the editorial committee.
4. Where there is a related person among the bidders and co-authors, the academic secretariat and the editorial committee shall be notified in advance. *The term "special interested person" means a minor (a person under the age of 19) or family member (within four cousins, such as spouses, children, etc.).
Article 3 (Examination fees and crab materials)
1. The contributor of the thesis shall pay 100,000 won in full for the examination.
2. If the publication is confirmed after the review of the paper, 100,000 won shall be paid in full.
3. A contributor to an emergency paper shall pay 200,000 won in full for the examination.
(The term "emergency thesis" means a paper submitted from the deadline for submission to the editorial committee meeting.)
4. An application for an annex must be entered together when submitting an application for a dissertation.
5. A manuscript of a paper shall not exceed pages 1 and 16 of the cover page, including the title, author's name, affiliation, e-mail, and English subject. After 10 pages, 20,000 won (up to 16 pages) must be paid per page.
Article 4 (Type and format of paper)
1. The types of research papers published in the dissertation book shall be as follows and shall not be published:
Provided, That outside of the oral presentation at the conference hosted by this conference, university discussions, research reports of enterprises or research institutes, etc.;
Unpublished papers are available for submission.
1) Research paper: A paper that recognizes original academic performance in which a design task is theoretically or empirically described.
2) Applied paper: A paper that applies existing research methods or theories to realistic problems.
A thesis that is recognized to contribute to the development. Data, surveys, measurements, statistics, experiments, etc. on design;
A paper rich in reliability, usefulness, practicality and of academic and technical value as a research report.
3) Descriptive thesis: original, comprehensive interpretation or thesis on specific historical, cultural, and technical topics;
An academically recognized thesis reflecting the perspective, ideology, and method of the author's research;
4) Work paper: Design results have originality recognized as academic value, excellence in completeness and formability,
In addition, a paper with clear logical consistency in the production process. Subject to those announced or produced within the past 3 years based on the deadline for initial publication.
2. The form of a paper must be prepared in accordance with the Academic Council's Regulations on Paper Presentation in accordance with the basic system and format as a paper, and the language shall be either Korean or English.
Article 5 (How to write a dissertation for a journal)
1. The manuscript should be written in Korean, English or a mix of Korean and Chinese characters.
2. Amount of manuscript
1) The title, author's name, affiliation, Korean and English text, picture, table, footnote, picture, explanation, etc.
It is selected from pages 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10 including the printed face and is based on pages 10. To add
Cases can be added with even numbers (e.g., pages 12, 14).
2) For procedures for academic presentations, the standard is page 2, and for research, application, and technical papers, page 10.
In the case of a work paper, it is based on page 6.
3) In this case, the size of the body type shall be 9 points.
3. Create layout and print manuscripts
1) A manuscript to be submitted to the academic journal shall be edited and submitted by the submitter in accordance with the regulations for presentation of the academic paper.
2) Academic size: A4 (210×297 mm)
3) Monotype: 1-tier cover, 2-tier body per page (However, 1-tier edit format provided in the example)
4) Margin: Top, left, right, 25mm.
4. Mark the title, author's name, and affiliation
1) The title shall be written in Korean/English, but the contents of the research paper shall be written in a concise manner so that the contents of the research paper can be easily understood.
2) The author, his/her affiliation, and his/her e-mail address shall be filled out under the title of the thesis and both Korean and English shall be published.
3) English writing shall be based on Romanization.
5. Summary of dissertation: It is included in Korean/English so that the contents of the text can be understood.
6. Core words: At least three Keywords comprising the thesis shall be published in Korean (or other languages)/English at the bottom of the table of contents.
1) The text shall be written in Korean, English, or a mixture of Korean and Chinese characters.
2) In principle, a manuscript for the main text shall be prepared on a blank sheet of A4 size with a word processor.
3) Write sentences according to standard Korean spelling.
4) The headings (chapter, clause, paragraph, paragraph, etc.) of the main text shall be clearly marked separately.
5) In principle, foreign languages and Chinese characters shall be written in Korean and the original or Chinese characters shall be written in ( ).
6) In the case of a work paper, the concept of the work, explanation of the results of the production process, and its significance shall be described.
8. Figure (Fig.) and Table): If the figure and table are included, the printed surface shall be within the prescribed number of pages.
1) Pictures and tables shall be prepared in black and white or color from the text, and photos shall be treated as pictures shall be treated as pictures. Also, all
Since the manuscript is used as a printed disc, it is in resolution (200 DPI).
2) The headings and explanations of figures and tables shall be recorded together in the text.
3) The location of pictures and tables shall be designated by the person, layout them in the manuscript for the main text, and submit them in the printed manuscript state.
9. Footnotes shall be marked by attaching serial numbers to the upper right of the phrase, and the details thereof shall be prepared in the lower part of each page. Details are as follows.
1) In the main text, state the author's name, year of issue, number of citations, etc. shall be grouped in () and direct citation shall be written as "Citation marks." Provided, That the total citation shall include the author's name, year of issue, etc.
Example: (Cho Tae-jin, 1996, pp.20-21).
Example: "Human sentiment is about building a beautiful framework like a decision" (Read, 1999, p.141).
Example: (Park Hyo-chan, 2002).
2) If the author's name is included in the citation, the text shall include the 'year of publication, number of citations', etc.
Provided, That only the 'year of issue' shall be recorded for the entire citation.
Example: McAlister (2002, pp.439-455) is ….
Heller (2000) Understands Communication Design ….
3) In the case of two-person co-authored books, the author's name and author's name shall be entered. Western names shall only contain their last names, and those with the same last names shall be:
Write down your name.
Example: Park Chang-gyu and Kim Jae-seop (2003) are …….
Example: Klimoski and Palmer (1993, pp.10-13) study results ….
Example: … in one respect (West & Sandler, 2000, pp).30-41).
4) A co-authored book with more than three authors shall be written only for the first time, and the second one or less shall be written as "etc." and "etal."
Provided, That in the reference, all authors' names shall be classified as commas, and the author's name, …;Write '.
Example: Kim Byung-chul et al. (1995, p.37) is …….
For example, it is quite wide to integrated systems such as urban environments (Buchan et al., 1995).
5) If the author is an organization or institution, enter the abbreviation in [ ] in the first quotation, and from the second quotation,
Example: (Korea Design Agency [KIDP], 2005). …… (KIDP, 2005).
6) In the case of books (dictionaries, brochures, reports, etc.) without the author, the term "signature, year of issue, number of pages" shall be entered in Korean;
Signatures are written in thick and English in italics.
예:"racial injustice, war, and the university itself"(Report, 2000, p.3).
7) If the entity cites only the terms in advance, it shall include the terms in a double quotation and state the year of issue.
예: ("Social constructionism", 2000).
8) In the case of a newspaper article without the author, instead of the author, the first two or three words of the article's name are in double quotes.
Put it in and write down the year of issue.
For example, "Commer Reports, 2000" was issued.
9) Where re-cited materials are re-cited in other literature, the name of the original author of the data shall be stated and the re-cited literature shall be re-cited;
Reveal in parentheses. References include literature referenced by researchers.
예: Seidenberg와 McClelland의 연구 (as cited in Clotheart et al., 1993).
10) Two or more citations of the same person shall be accompanied by 'a, b' in the year of publication.
Example: An auxiliary table to indicate a particular area (Oh Dong-geun, 1994a, p.34). …. Administrative organization of the supplementary table should be referenced (Oh Dong-geun, 1994b, p.33).
11) When two or more materials are cited at the same time, the names of the authors shall be arranged in alphabetical order, and the same author shall be divided into semicolons, and the same author shall be divided into semicolons.
Works are divided into commas.
Example: (Kim Il-seok and Cho Young-seok, 2002, p.102; Lee Jin-young, 2001, p.109)
(Kaku, 1998, p.42; McRae, 2001, pp.101-133)
(Oh Dong-geun, 1998a, 1998b; Oh Dong-geun and Park Jin-ho, 2003, pp.217-219)
(H. D. Brown, 1993; J. D. Brown, 1994)
11. The presentation methods of the reference are as follows:
1) References shall be written in order of national documents, oriental books, and western books.
2) Write in alphabetical order in the East and in the West.
3) If more than two works by the same author, they shall be marked in chronological order and data name.
4) Korean authors' names are listed in alphabetical order and foreign authors' names.
However, Japanese and Chinese authors' names shall be written in Korean.
5) Western authors shall write the first name in the order of "last name, first name", full name and first name in abbreviation.
6) The signature shall be written in bold Korean and italicized English.
7) Elements of reference, such as academic journals, dissertations, conference materials, etc., shall be as follows:
- In the case of academic journals, 'Author.' (Year of Publication) Name of the paper. Name of the journal, Kwon (pen-name), number of pages.'
Example: Kim Hankook. (2010). A Study on the Development of Design Curriculum for the Development of Working-level Human Resources.
Research in Communication Design, 8(4), pp.36-46.
- In the case of dissertation, 'Author.' (Year of Award). Name of thesis. Degree name of awarding institution. Location.' It is written in order.
Example: Kim Hankook (2000). A Communication Study in Smart Learning. Graduate Ph.D. thesis, Seoul, Korea University.
- In the case of conference materials, 'Author.' (year/month). Name of the paper. Name of the conference, location.'
Example: Kim Hankook. (2012.6). Changes in the media ecosystem and the spread of communication design.
CDAK International Design Conference, Seoul.
8) Elements for references, such as books and translations, shall be as follows:
- In the case of the book, 'Author.' (Year of Publication year. Signature (Decision). Issued by: Issuer.' In order.
Example: Kim Hankook. (2012). Communication design. Seoul: Hankook Books.
- In the case of the translation, 'Original author name.' (Published year) Signature (judgment) (reverse name station). Publication: Publishers.
(Application publication year), in order of '. Where the date of publication of the application is unknown, this shall be omitted.
예: Coleman, R. E. (2000). Communication Design Theory (playing Seok Chang-hoon). Seoul: Academic Examination (Application 1969).
Laplace, P. S., Curtis, B., Atkins, P., & Haller, M. (1980). A philosophical essay on
probabilities. (Truscott, F. W. Trans.). New York: Dover.
- If the author is an organization or institution, the name of the organization or institution shall not be repeatedly listed as the issuer, but "Author", etc.
Simply put it in identifiable terms.
Example: Korea Creative Content Agency. (2011). 2001 White Paper on Character Industry, Seoul: Author.
- In the case of books (dictionaries, brochures, reports, etc.) without authors, signatures shall be entered in the author's name location.
Example: Korean Encyclopedia. (2000). Seoul: The main gate.
- If only the terminology in the dictionary is cited, it will be 'quote'. (Year of Issue year. In Author. Signature (Published).
Published by: Publishers.' In order. If there is no author, this is omitted.
예: Social constructionism. (2000). In Korean encyclopedia. Seoul: Chinese characters.
9) Reference elements in a newspaper article are as follows:
- In the case of a newspaper article, 'Author. Name of the article. Name of the newspaper.
Example: Ha Young-seok. (2011.5.30). Causes of childhood creativity development. Korean newspaper
- In the absence of the author, 'Article name'. (year, month, day). The name of the newspaper is listed in order of '.
Example: The History of Design Education in Korea. (2012.12.30). Korean newspaper
10) Elements of reference to Internet materials shall be as follows:
- For Internet data, the entire URL is written and 'Author. (year, month, day)'. Title. Retrieved data search year.
Fill in the order of 'Monday from site'. If the information in the data does not change, the search date is:
You don't have to include it.
Example: Kim Hankook (2000.3.20). A history of communication.
- If there is no author and year of publication, it is in the order of "Subject. Retrieved data search year, month, day, from site name."
Write it down.
예: Social. Retrieved 2012.12.30. from http://en.wikipedia.org/Affordance/test.html
11) In case of English references, they shall be prepared by referring to the upper Korean references.
12) Matters not specified in the regulations for preparation of references shall be governed by the 6th edition APA Paper Preparation Act (American Psychological Society, 2013).
※ American Psychological Society (favorite). (2013). APA Writing Method (Kang Jin-ryeong), Seoul:
12. Submitting a manuscript
The contributor will be asked by the paper review committee to submit the final manuscript file when the review of the research paper is completed and the publication is confirmed. The final manuscript is written in HWP format and submitted within the period.
Article 6 (Published in the Journal of Academics)
1. A collection of academic papers is published four times a year.
2. The date of publication of the paper shall be January 31, April 30, July 31, and October 31 each year.
3. Changes to the date of publication of the paper shall be determined after a meeting of the editorial committee.
Article 7 (Extra-Regulatory Matters
Matters not prescribed in this Regulation shall be governed by the decision of this editorial committee.
1. The amendment of these Regulations shall be approved by the editorial committee after deliberation by the board of directors of this society.
2. This Regulation shall enter into force on the date of approval by the General Assembly.
(Enforcement Date) These contribution provisions shall be amended by the General Assembly on 27 February 1999 and shall enter into force on 1 March 1999.
1. After a resolution by the editorial committee on June 30, 2011, it shall enter into force on March 1, 2012 after approval by the General Assembly on February 24, 2012.
2. After a resolution of the editorial committee on August 22, 2012, it shall enter into force on March 1, 2013 after approval by the General Assembly.
3. After a resolution of the editorial committee on February 12, 2015, it shall enter into force on March 1, 2015 after approval by the General Assembly on February 28, 2015.
4. It shall enter into force on May 1, 2015 after a resolution by the editorial committee on April 18, 2015.
5. After a resolution of the editorial committee on February 20, 2016, it shall enter into force on March 1, 2016 after approval by the General Assembly on February 26, 2016.
6. After deliberation by the editorial committee on February 21, 2020, it shall be approved by the General Assembly on February 28, 2020 and enter into force on March 1.