Korea Communication Design Association Communication Design Association
【Related Regulations for the Review Committee】
Article 1 (Purpose)
The purpose of this Regulation is to prescribe the evaluation committee for the examination and adoption of papers submitted to the "Communication Design Research" of the Korea Communications Design Association (hereinafter referred to as the "Communication Design Research").
Article 2 (Composition of the Review Committee)
1. The Review Committee consists of at least three reviewers for each paper submitted.
2. The editorial committee shall appoint professional judges suitable for the field of submitted papers.
3. In the case of papers of a convergence nature, additional judges may be assigned by the decision of the Review Committee.
4. Members of the Examination Committee shall be avoided by the contributor to the paper and by the** examiner who is a conflict of interest* or a related person**. Conflict of interest includes members of the university, the workplace, and the institution. Special relationships include spouses, children, and within four cousins.
*Conflict of interest: A legal term that includes various kinds of actions or actions in which an individual uses his or her position to pursue personal or economic interests.
**Special relationship means that the researcher is a minor (a person under 19 years of age) or family member (within four cousins, such as spouses, children, etc.)
Article 3 (Mission)
1. The examiner shall conduct the examination fairly and accurately in accordance with the methods and rules determined by the Society.
2. The examiner shall conduct the examination behind closed doors, and shall endeavor not to cause damage to the contributor and researcher of the paper due to inappropriate acts.
Article 4 (Review Criteria)
1. Only manuscripts submitted in accordance with the voting instructions shall be subject to examination. A contributor may be requested to supplement a manuscript that does not comply with the regulations.
2. The criteria for deliberation of the thesis are as follows.
1) Importance of research topics (theoretical, practical, and educational contributions)
2) Creativity of research contents
3) Feasibility of research methods
4) Efficient delivery of research contents
5) Other degree of conformity with the academic development of communication design
Article 5 (Evaluation Methods and Procedures)
1. The submitted paper is deliberated by the Review Committee to determine whether to adopt the paper.
2. The thesis judges will be commissioned by the editorial committee for at least three thesis reviewers per paper.
3. The submitted paper is subject to confidentiality screening by three judges. The contributor shall not be able to know the examiner, and the examiner shall not be able to know the contributor.
4. The thesis review is evaluated and translated as a score as prescribed by the academic society to determine whether to adopt the thesis or not.
5. The examiner who has been requested to examine the dissertation shall complete the examination within 15 days from the date of receipt of the request and notify the results in writing in accordance with the form prescribed by the Society.
6. The judges' opinions and amendments are accurately described in detail for each major evaluation part so that the thesis contributor can understand them.
7. The evaluation of the thesis shall be made by publishing (90 or higher), publishing after correction (70 to 89 points), re-deliberation after correction (50 to 69 points), and non-publishable (less than 50 points).
8. The Society notifies the contributor who has confirmed the publication of the paper of the decision to publish the paper.
Article 6 (Extra-Regulatory Matters)
Matters not prescribed in this Regulation shall be governed by the decision of the board of directors.
1. The amendment to this Regulation shall be approved by the board of directors after deliberation by the editorial committee.
2. This Regulation shall take effect from the date of approval by the General Assembly.
(Enforcement Date) The provisions of this Review Committee shall be amended by the General Assembly on 27 February 1999 and shall enter into force on 1 March.
1. After deliberation by the editorial committee on February 3, 2012, it shall take effect on March 1, with approval from the General Assembly on February 24.
2. After deliberation by the editorial committee on February 12, 2015, it shall take effect on March 1, with approval from the General Assembly on February 28.
3. After deliberation by the editorial committee on February 20, 2016, it shall take effect on March 1, with approval from the General Assembly on February 26.
4. After deliberation by the editorial committee on February 21, 2020, it shall take effect on March 1, with approval from the General Assembly on February 28.