Principles of Transparency and Best Practice in Scholarly Publishing
The official title of the journal is ‘Journal of Chinese Language and Literature'.
Regulations on the publication of journals
1. Journal publication and manuscript deadline
1) Publication time of the journal: The journal is published three times each year on April 30, August 30, and December 30.
2) manuscript deadline: Every year, the submission of manuscripts is due on March 10 of the year for those issued on April 30, July 10 of the year for those issued on August 30, and November 10 of the year for those issued on December 30.
2. Editorial committee
1) An editorial committee is formed in accordance with Article 18 of Chapter 5 of the bylaws.
2) Editorial committee duties: The Editorial Committee deliberates and decides on various matters related to the editorial publication of the academic journal ≪Journal of Chinese Language and Literature≫ of this society.
3) Member selection criteria
A. Students majoring in Chinese Literature at least as an assistant professor at each university
B. Those with active research activities and outstanding academic achievements
4) Committee member selection procedure
A. Editorial members are selected at the executive meeting presided over by the president.
B. Considering the major, region, age, etc., approximately 30 people are selected first.
C. After discussion, about 20 finalists are selected. If there is a conflict of opinions in the selection of personnel and consensus cannot be reached, a vote is submitted and a decision is made according to the principle of a majority.
D. One of the last 20 editors selected will be elected as the editor-in-chief. If necessary, an editorial director and editorial secretary may be appointed.
5) The term of office of the editor-in-chief and members: Two years in principle, but can be reappointed.
6) Holding of a committee
A. The editor-in-chief chairs the editorial board. However, for matters concerning the appointment of judges, the academic director may preside over the meeting.
B. The first editorial committee for the publication of each academic journal is held on the second Friday of March, July and November.
C. The editorial committee after the first round shall be convened by the editor-in-chief at a suitable time and a reasonable number of times in relation to the publication of the academic journal.
3. Review of thesis for publication in academic journals
1) Purpose of examination
The purpose of examination is to improve the quality of academic journals and promote academic development of the Korean Chinese literature community by preventing publication of lower-level papers with strict screening of papers for publication in academic journals.
2) Examination period
Judging is closed on the first Friday of the month of each issue.
3) Qualification of the judges
A. Chinese Literature majors with an assistant professor or higher or Ph.D.
B. Those who have published books or thesis in the same field as the submitted manuscript or whose detailed major matches the submitted manuscript
4) Selection and appointment of judges
A. Selection: Judges are selected by the editorial committee based on the “qualification of the judges” in 3) above.
B. Number of judges per edition: In principle, the number of judges per edition of the submitted thesis is three.
C. Appointment of judges:
For the selected reviewers, the editorial director must send out a predetermined review request and a copy of the thesis without delay.
5) Papers that do not meet the submission rules will be rejected after prior review by the editorial committee.
6) Measures to ensure fairness in examination
The editorial director must take a number of measures to ensure a fair examination, such as deleting the name and affiliation of the author and the part marked with ‘dolgo’ in the footnotes and references which enable to know or infer the author of the manuscript before sending the manuscript for review.
7) Evaluation items and points
A. The screening items are 4 items: 'validity of research method', 'originality of research content', 'clarity of logic development', and 'academic contribution'.
B. The number of points per item is 5 points.
C. For more efficient and objective audit, audit items can be changed or added if necessary.
D. The revision of the review item is decided by the editorial committee.
8) Processing of examination results
A. In principle, if two or more of the three judges have a score of 13 or more, they will be posted.
B. In spite of the item 'A', if one judge's rating is 9-12 points, it can be judged 'published after revision'.
C. In spite of the item 'A', if one judge's rating is 8 points or less, it can be judged as'no publication.
D. In the case of 'B' and 'C', the final decision is made whether or not to publish after discussion by the editorial committee.
E. The editorial director must notify the contributor of the review results.
F. In principle, the results of the audit are notified in writing.
G. In spite of obtaining the qualification for publication in the Gazette as a result of the screening, if the judges attach a clue that the revision can be published, and the editorial committee determines that there is sufficient reason, the reason can be specified and the contributor can be instructed to revise.
H. Articles that do not comply with the instructions for revision may be rejected
I. If the contributor disagrees with the instruction to revise, he or she can write down the reason and request another review.
9) Exemption from examination
Manuscripts for lectures by renowned domestic and foreign scholars invited by the conference and papers by foreign invited scholars presented at conferences can be exempted from review.