Principles of Transparency and Best Practice in Scholarly Publishing
2. Name of Journal
The official name of the Journal is 『Global Creative Leader: Education & Learning』.
3. Peer Review Process
1. The paper examiner shall have a Ph.D. or higherin pedagogy and pedagogy related fields. They shall be a middle standing in pedagin pedagogy and pedagogy related fields. They shall be a middle standing scholar who can lead the related field with clear research achievements.
2. Paper examiners who are familiar with the contents of submitted papers shall be appointed by the editing committee.
3. The reviewer shall judge the results of the examination among publication accepted, publication accepted after correction, re-examination after correction and publication rejected in the paper review request, and describe the contents of examination and submit it to the editing committee.
4. The results of the paper review shall be determined as one of the following decisions after putting the review of 3 examiners together.
① Publication accepted: The submitted paper is suitable for publication without any modification (the paper judged to be available for publication without changing the contents except for issues such as misprint, omission or editing error).
② Publication accepted after correction: suitable for publication, but requires modification in certain areas. (The paper judged to be available for publication after correction by reflecting the revision required by the examiners)
③ Re-examination after correction: Postpone the judgment on whether or not to publish, and re-examine certain parts after revision (The paper judged to have many problems, such as the main content of the paper, and require a relatively long period of time for correction, if the corrected edition is not submitted within 1 week after the judgment of ’re-examination after correction', it is judged to be ‘publication rejected')
④ Publication rejected: Not suitable for publishing (The paper judged to be qualitatively far from publishing due to serious problems in terms of the key contents).
5. After the paper of which publication is confirmed is reviewed by the editorial chairman and handed over to the publisher, the author cannot directly contact the publisher to modify the paper. However, when clear errors and mistyping are found, the correction may be requested to the editorial chairman.
6. The paper of which publication is confirmed, its number and the order of publication shall be determined by the editing committee based on the results of the examination.
7. The paper that fails to comply with the writing method for publication of an academic journal may be returned by the editing committee after requirement review.
4. Ownership and Management
The copyright of the author's paper, which was finally published in Global Creative Leader: Education & Learning, is held by Research Institute Gifted & Talented Education, Soongsil University and Institute of Global Future Confluence Education.
5. Editional Committee or Streering Committee
JuSung Jun, Soongsil University, Korea
2) Deputy Editor:
Kyoung Hoon Lew, Soongsil University, Korea
3) Board Members:
Jongmin Ra (Kookmin University, Korea)
Sook Hee Park (Hyupsung University, Korea)
Choon Sung Park (Sangji University, Korea)
Donggun An (Incheon National University, Korea)
Heung Kweun Yang (Daegu University, Korea)
Kyung Hwa Lee (Soongsil University, Korea)
Moosung Lee (Yonsei University, Korea)
Joo Sub Lee (Jeju National University, Korea)
Mi Jung Choi (Chosun Nursing College, Korea)
Byung Yeon Choi (Jeonju National University of Education, Korea)
4) International Advisor:
Binhan Koyuncuoğlu (Sinop University, Turkey)
Helen Sahin Connelly (Gifted in France, France)
Jannette Wei-Ting Wang Gutierrez (Tamkang University, Taiwan)
Joanna Rose T. Laddaran (University of the Philippines, Philippines)
Keun K. Kim (Delaware State University, USA)
Kyongboon Kwon (University. of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, USA)
Sungok Serena Shim (Ball State University, USA)
6. Editorial Committee / Contacts
Sangdoro 369 Soongsil University in Dongjak-gu, Seoul
Tel: +82-2-820-0468, Fax: +82-2-822-6652, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Copyright and Licensing
Copyright to all published materials is owned by Research Institute Gifted & Talented Education, Soongsil University and Institute of Global Future Confluence Education. all authors must agree before copyright in the course of submission.
8. Author Fees
1. The submitter shall pay a review fee of 100,000 won per copy.
2. The paper publication fee is 200,000 won for individual research and 350,000 won for funded research. However, if the number of published pages exceeds 20 pages based on the journal, the additional fee of 10,000 won per page shall be paid.
9. Process for Identification of and Dealing with Allegations of Research Misconduct
Research ethic regulations for 『Global Creative Leader: Education & Learning』
Article 2 (Definition of research misconduct)
'Research misconduct' refers to forgery, falsification and plagiarism in the planning, conducting, reviewing, or reporting of research results. The specific matters shall be based on the contents of Order No. 236 of the Ministry of Science and Technology on February 28, 2007.
1. 'Forgery' refers to the act of making false data or research results that do not exist.
2. 'Falsification' refers to the act of distorting the contents or results by artificially manipulating research materials, equipment, processes etc. or by arbitrarily modifying or deleting data.
3. ‘Plagiarism’ refers to the act of stealing the ideas, research contents, and results of others without proper approval or quotation.
4. 'Overlapping publication' refers to re-publishing a paper of which the content is exactly the same or almost the same as one’s paper already published in another journal without informing the editor or reader of the existence of one's own paper already published.
5. 'Other misconduct' refers to the act of deliberately obstructing the investigation of one’s paper, or other misconduct, or harming the informant.
Article 9 (Processing on research misconduct)
1. Persons suspected of research misconduct shall have the right to raise the counter opinion on the result of the committee and the committee shall ensure an opportunity for reconsideration.
2. A submitter judged to have used research misconduct is not allowed to publish an academic journal. In the case of already published papers, they shall be deleted from the academic journal's paper list.
3. Within 10 days of the final ruling, the fact of research misconduct shall be notified to the affiliate institution of the person who is involved in research misconduct through an official document.
4. When it is confirmed that the co-author who is a person with a special relationship has misconduct, the author, who is a person with a special relationship is a related institution (school related to entrance examination and admission, research related institution, etc.) which has benefited from the thesis. So the fact of the research misconduct of a person with a special relationship should be notified within 10 days.
5. The authors whose papers were judged to be have research misconduct may take measures such as warning, suspension or deprivation of the qualification of paper submission. Since then, the publication of academic papers shall be prohibited for at least five years.
6. The authors whose papers were judged to be have research misconduct may take measures such as warning, suspension or deprivation of the qualification of paper submission. Since then, the publication of academic papers shall be prohibited for at least five years.
10. Publication Ethics
Research ethic regulations for 『Global Creative Leader: Education & Learning』
Article 1 (Purpose)
The purpose of this ethics regulation is to suggest the criteria that can secure the ethics of overall research actions for the papers submitted, and prevent research misconducts and verify the status of research misconduct fairly.
Article 3 (Responsibility and duties of researcher)
1. (Joint research) The researcher shall clarify the role and interaction and fulfill the responsibility when conducting the joint research with other researchers. Before starting the research, mutual agreement and understanding shall be made on the goals and expectations of research tasks, individual roles in cooperative relationships, how to collect, store and share data, author decisions and ranking criteria, selection of principal researcher, intellectual property rights and ownership issues.
2. The communication author or the responsible author shall be fully responsible for indicating data and must also be responsible for the management and supervision of the research of the co-author.
3. Researchers must not be influenced by the interests of the research funding institution, and all interests related to the research must specify in the research results.
4. Researchers should enhance the credibility of research by accurately revealing author information, such as the researcher's affiliation and position, in the research results.
5. If the corresponding author or the responsible author is a co-researcher and includes a person with a special relationship (a minor or a family member such as a spouse or child, etc), the corresponding author or the responsible author must notify the Editorial Committee before submission. And you must respond to the editorial board's request for clarification regarding the research contribution of a person with a special relationship.
6. In the case of studies on human research, with the exception of research exemption from review, the IRB (Institutional Review Board) approval of the affiliated institution must be obtained, and approval evidence must be submitted together when submitting a manuscript.
7. We highly recommend the researcher who submitted the paper in this journal regularly completes ‘Research ethics education’ conducted by the affiliate institution or ‘Cyber research ethics education’ provided by National Institute of Science and Technology Human Resources Development(KIRD)(https://cyber.kird.re.kr).
Article 5 (Formation of Research ethics committee)
1. The Committee shall consist of a maximum of 10 members, including the director, editorial chairman, editorial members, and assistant administrator.
2. The Editorial chairman of this journal shall take the position of chairman.
3. The members shall be appointed by the Editorial chairman and his term of office shall be four years, he may serve consecutive terms.
Article 6 (Operation of Research ethics committee)
1. The committee shall be convened by the chairman when the chairman judges to be necessary or when the director requires it.
2. The Committee shall be established by a majority of attending members and vote by a majority of attending members. However, the power of attorney shall be recognized as attendance in the establishment of the committee but shall not be granted voting rights.
3. Members who are involved in the study subject to the target of review shall not participate in the review related to the study.
4. The chairman may request the Research Director or the Management Manager to submit or report data, if necessary for deliberation, and may request opinions about research misconduct from outside experts.
5. Members shall keep confidentiality on all matters related to deliberation and meetings shall not open to the public.
6. The committee shall review and decide any reported ethical breaches within 50 days of their receipt.
11. Publishing Schedule
『Global Creative Leader: Education & Learning』 is published four times a year, and the publication period is March 30, June 30, September 30, and December 30.
『Global Creative Leader: Education & Learning』 is freely accessible to the members of the Research Institute Gifted & Talented Education, Soongsil University and Institute of Global Future Confluence Education from http://www.gcl.or.kr
Full text of the journal 『Global Creative Leader: Education & Learning』 has been archived in the National Foundation of Korea (NRF) database. Author can archive publisher’s version/PDF. The journal 『Global Creative Leader: Education & Learning』 also send two hard copies of each volume of the journal National Library of Korea (http://nl.go.kr).
14. Revenues Sources
The profits of the 『Global Creative Leader: Education & Learning』 are made up of authors' submission fee, paper review and paper publication fee.
『Global Creative Leader: Education & Learning』 does not accept any commercial advertisements until policy changes otherwise.
16. Direct Marketing
『Global Creative Leader: Education & Learning』 promotes the recruitment and publication of journal manuscripts through the homepage of the society, JAMS and e-mail.