Clients Satisfaction with Oral Hygiene Care Services System Provided by the Dental Hygiene Clinics in the Department of Dental Hygiene, Yonsei University
Key words: Dental hygiene clinics, Department of dental hygiene, Client satisfaction
The setting of dental hygiene clinics is very important to dental hygiene education, which is the place not only to educate students but also to care clients. The purpose of this study is to provide basic research material for improvement of dental hygiene care system in dental hygiene clinics by analyzing the client satisfaction.
A questionnaire survey by means of self-entry method was conducted to find out satisfaction of the client, who was visited to the dental hygiene clinics in the department of dental hygiene, Yonsei University. An analysis of frequency, one way ANOVA and T-Test were performed through SPSS 12.0K program.
1. Most clients were mainly composed of students in Wonju College of Medicine.
2. The clients visited for scaling (85.8%) and oral examination (9.73%) were much than treatment(4.42%).
3. Clients aged 21 to 25 were relatively lower in satisfaction with the facilities, system, attitude than any other ages.
4. The dental hygiene students are the lowest group in satisfaction with the facility, system, attitude than medical and nursing students
5. The clients satisfaction with dental hygiene clinics was decreased in reverse proportion to visiting frequency.
6. Most of the clients pointed out the problems of appointment system (54.0%) and fee (23.0%), which should be improved than any other operation conditions
7. Most of the clients were not satisfied with chair time and pain during care.
8. Most clients recognized to receive the better care service than other dental offices (81.3%). Especially, they paid attention to oral health education using phase-contrast microscope.
9. Many clients were dissatisfied with facilities of the dental hygiene clinics (71.7%). The problems of appointment system (54.0%) and chair time of dental hygiene care services (63.6%) had also inconvenienced to clients.
The dental hygiene clinics in school play a crucial role in dental hygiene education to foster the student to be competent as a professional dental hygienist in the future. Therefore, well-organized dental hygiene care program based on dental hygiene process is essential. It is also required to improve the environment of dental hygiene clinics including facilities, appointment system and fee etc.