A study on Knowledge and Compliance among dental personnels in dental implants
Key words: Compliance , Dental personnels , Dental implants, Knowledge
It follows in increase of the old age population and the loss of teeth increases, also the supplement prosthetics treatment which is caused by loss of teeth is various and it develops and the dentistry implant demand is increasing.
This study enforced a self-administered survey with 197 dental personnels employed in dental hospitals, dental clinics from August 15, 2007. to September 15, in the area of Daejeon. It's ultimately intended to serve as a basis for the preparation of more effective, appropriate dental implants education programs for personnels, who take a crucial part in dental implants operation, provide better dental services to patients who are in need of dental implants operation. As the result, the study got the following conclusion.
1. The population sociological feature of dental hospital and dental clinic showed that significant differences of dental service career. Dental service career of dental personnels shows: below 3 years 43.1%, 4～6years 35.3%, more than 7years 21.6% in dental hospitals, below 3 years 29.5%, 4～6years 28.1%, more than 7years 42.5% in dental clinics(p=0.027).
2. The average score of personnels knowledge in dental implants was 3.67point. from analyzing the knowledge on dental implants of dental personnels from dental health-care settings, dental personnels employed in dental hospitals scored relatively higher than in dental clinics(p=0.129). Dental personnels with 4～6 years of experience scored the highest(p=0.002).
3. The average score of dental personnels compliance in dental implants was 3.92point. from analyzing the compliance of dental implants of dental personnels from dental health-care settings, dental personnels employed in dental hospitals scored relatively higher than in dental clinics(p=0.006). Dental personnels with 4～6 years of experience scored the highest(p=0.707).
4. The contingency coefficient between dental implants general knowledge and the general compliance(r=0.233, p=0.001), operation knowledge and operation compliance (r=0.332, p=0.000), maintenance knowledge and maintenance compliance (r=0.236, p=0.001).
5. Recently dental implants is emerging as one of the important medical services in the dental treatment sector. From analyzing the compliance of dental implants of dental personnels in dental health-care settings, dental personnels employed in dental hospitals scored relatively higher than in dental clinics.
Consequently, the effort of the dentist and the dental personnels demanded to be earnestly to improves the difference of the knowledge and compliance against the dental implants of the dental personnels in dental health-care settings. it is thought that with reinforcement of effective role share and professionalism to success of dental implants, more system and the specialty dental implants education which is standardized continuously must be provided to all dental personnels.