A study on perceived value of work among the clinical dental hygienists and its determinants
key word: perceived value of work(PVW), PVW determinants
This study, to investigate the state of PVW among the clinical dental hygienists and its determinants, has polled 322 clinical dental hygienists working in Daegu, Kyung buk province, and Ulsan. Data were collected by self-administrated questionnaire. A SPSS 12.0 for Windows was used for statistical analysis.
The obtained results were as follows;
1. The average of PVW among the respondents was 3.43.
2. The area average of PVW determinants was as follows ; job significance, 3.31, process efficiency, 3.42, product usefulness, 3.32, vision realizability, 3.53, social recognition, 3.23 and the total average, 3.36.
3. The married have higher PVW than the unmarried in all areas(p=.012, p=.008, p=.036, p=.007).
4. As for working experience, in the case of perceived self value, those having 1~2 years experience have the highest PVW(p=.000), apart from perceived self value, those having over 6 years experience have the highest PVW in all areas(p=.015, p=.001, p=.002).
Relating to the task, those working in the patient consulting and managing part have the highest PVW, relating to the annual salary, those having over 25 million won have the highest PVW (p=.000, p=.000, p=.001, p=.000).
5. The relationship between PVW and PVW determinants, in all respects, is meaningful, so it was found that the higher determinants are, the higher PVW is.
6. The whole explanation variate of PVW determinants was meaningful in PVW, perceived self value, value fulfillment emotion, respectively representing 38.8%, 55.6%, 61.5%(p<.001).
PVW of clinical dental hygienists should be considered as a significant criterion of indivisual and organizational effectiveness. To improve effectually PVW of the clinical dental hygienists, there is need to establish culture in a system of hospital that redound to their social recognition.