Information for Authors
Instructions to Authors
Journal of Korean Society of Dental Hygiene (J Korean Soc DentHyg, JKSDH) is the official peer reviewed research publication of the Korean Society of Dental Hygiene (KSDH). The instruction to authorsnot described thereafter follows the “Uniform Require-ment for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals: Writing and Editingfor Biomedical Publication” prepared by International Committee ofMedical Journal Editors (http://www.icmje.org).
Peer Review Process
1) Submitted manuscripts will be reviewed by 3 or more expertsin the corresponding field. The Editorial Board may request
authors to revise the manuscripts according to the reviewer’sopinion. After revising the manuscript, the author should
upload the revised files with a reply to each item of thereviewer’s opinion. The rejected manuscript is informed to the
authors with the reason for rejection.
2) The Editorial Board requests the submitted manuscript to threepeer-reviewers on the evaluation items that include academic
significance, logicality, originality, and ethics. The finaldecision consists of acceptance, acceptance after revision,
review after revision, and rejection. The Editorial Board notifiesthe corresponding author of the final decision. The revised
manuscript is reviewed again. The Editorial Board will make afinal decision on the approval for publication of the submitted
3) The Editorial Board will make a final decision on the approvalfor publication of the submitted manuscripts and can request
any further corrections, revisions, and deletions of the articletext if necessary.
Ensure correct use of the terms sex (when reporting biologicalfactors) and gender (identity, psychosocial or cultural factors),
and, unless inappropriate, report the sex and/or gender of studyparticipants, the sex of animals or cells, and describe the methods
used to determine sex and gender. If the study was done involving anexclusive population, for example in only one sex, authors shouldjustify why, except in obvious cases (e.g., prostate cancer). Authors should define how they determined race or ethnicity and justify theirrelevance.
· The description of the journal reference no more than 30follows the descriptions below. The references are cited in the
· The Editorial Board may require the original reference list.
· Abbreviation follows Cumulated Index Medicus. Rarely citedreference is spelled in full name.
· If a citation has 6 authors, write the 6 authors’ names. If thereare more than 7 authors, apply ‘et al.’ at the end of the six
authors’ s name.