The Korean Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco was founded in November 2008 after the establishment preparation committee in May of the same year. The Korean Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco is to stimulate the generation and dissemination of new knowledge concerning tobacco control policies to the government, related organizations, the media and the public, smoking cessation program and other smoking prevention. KSRNT is a scientific society whose mission is to stimulate active academic research, to promote academic exchanges between members and strengthening ties between researchers. Ultimately, it was established for the purpose of protecting people's health from tobacco.
Activity of The Korean Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco is below like:
1. Holding and sponsoring educational events related to smoking cessation such as academic conferences, meetings, lectures, etc.
2. Publishing the Journal and academic books related to Tobacco control (textbooks, glossary, and other publications)
3. Exchange and cooperation with domestic or abroad other academic organizations
4. Tobacco control policy and related business development support
5. Public education and publicity related to smoking cessation
6. Activities supporting smoking victims
7. Support for research activities of member