The cultural tourism heritage stands for identity in one cultural structure by transcending period and place. With entering the 21st century that is called the century of culture, 'tourism and leisure' are proceeding with positioning as the daily leisure form, not the personal dominance in the specific class. Especially, in case of us, the tourism purchasing power is being grown by the 5-day work week system, by the value of ‘preferring leisure & well-being’ in relation to enhancement in quality of life, by the follow-up information in good quality that resulted from communication of online network, and by the accessibility of transportation within 1-day living zone. This atmosphere makes the sophisticated global cultural product given approaching in the marketing aspect of a tourism seller, thereby being regarded as a factor of very critical opportunity that can contribute to the regional inbound.
In this point of time, it can be useful approach that has ‘cultural contents’ and ‘storytelling,’ which are being raised recently as the core topic of conversation in the cultural-industry field, as the index of contributing to activation of tourism industry and of seeking for a way out that promotes the buying power in the tourism consumption. That is because whether the tourism products(attraction and attractable site) can appeal to the tourist consumers becomes the basis in a storyteller's executing a structured story. Namely, 'storytelling' delivers a new and strange story easily and naturally, thereby being a device that allows customers to positively participate in tourism behavior.
The storytelling on tourism contents has the aim that the characteristic, in which narrative is delivered to a listener while talking, engages with ‘intention → immersion → structure → response → guidance,’ thereby being able to be divided into 6 stages as follows.
1. Establishment in a target : It is the stage of grasping priority in tourists' interest. Even a basic story shouldn't be missed. However, everything cannot be shown to tourists within the restricted time. Thus, there is necessity of increasing the appeal power by connecting the characteristic aspect peculiar to region to storytelling, if possible. This needs to be made through the closely data survey. It offers a place, significance, and memory to tourists, thereby allowing a storyteller to be urged to think over a role as a keeper of publicizing region.
2. Excavation in a story : The task, which will be performed first, is what prepares the story list on tourism attractions. Attraction(attraction site), which will stand for region, is embodied as the commercial value that induces a re-visit. When there is no special feature in attraction, the storytelling needs to be processed by infusing creativity and imagination. It grasps tourists' characteristics by considering a dwelling place․passage site․staying place․aim of travel․required time․taste and preference․transportation․men and women of all ages․age level․nationality․division at home and abroad, and prepares the basic list such as name in attraction․location․feature․photo․picture․transportation.
3. Selection in a story theme : It pursues the form that a person relevant to tourism becomes the entity, and that the concerned people participate in the planning process. The emotional theme message leads to encouraging tourism. Sub-themes need to be utilized strategically for the main theme.
The format of storyboard, which is utilized at this time, needs to be entered a serial number, attraction(site) name, target of attraction tourism, story theme, goal in story theme, choice in interpretation method, attraction and environment, correlation between attraction and tourists, and neighboring tourism spot.
4. Execution in storytelling : According to tourists' propensity of edutainment, it freely chooses out of the positive execution and the passive execution. In order to implement this, there is necessity of considering even budget and manpower-support section. In the executing process, there is necessity of giving a thought of the direction in educational learning․resource preservative․financial․behavioral․emotional goal.
5. Strategy for media publicity : A strategy for depicting the emotional mode is taken with the aim of the positioning strategy by text․audio․video․multimedia․image․animation. Aiming at interaction between attraction and tourists, it points to optimization in medium․phrase․illustration․design by tourism type. In addition to this, the synergy is doubled by utilizing guidance interpretation․audiovisual interpretation․pamphlet․advertising words․integrative design․tourism road map․milestone․showcase․tourism center․festival event .
6. Analysis and evaluation in the execution program : The subjects in analysis include story development․theme development․goal establishment․market analysis․publicity plan reaching up to the execution process. It performs the qualitative & quantitative analysis and evaluation by considering features by each genre, thereby analyzing the customer satisfaction and the earnings & expenses. The index in analysis and evaluation is utilized as the improvement data down the road. At this time, even the analysis can be carried out side by side on a market in the demand & supply aspect on similar attraction at home and abroad in relation to the corresponding attraction.
Meanwhile, the tasks, to which the tourism storytelling will need to point, in relation to cultural tourism contents in the current stage, are summarized as follows. First, in order to implement the desirable tourism storytelling, there is necessity of reinforcing capacity in planning and scenario creation. In addition, the standard model needs to be designed and manufactured. Second, there is necessity of implementing the digital contents that have the coping power of satisfying the new media environment. Finally, synergy needs to be promoted by implementing network that is connected among businesses.