Article1 (Duties of Members): Members of the Korean Language and Literature Society (hereinafter referred to as the "this society") shall comply with the norms as researchers, promote the development of academic and social studies through academic research, and faithfully fulfill their responsibilities as researchers.
Article 2 (Establishment of the Committee): The Academic Research Ethics Committee (hereinafter referred to as the "Committee") shall be established within this society in accordance with Article 22 of the Rules of the Society in order to examine the members' compliance with norms and their sincere obligations.
Article 3 (Composition of Committee): The Committee shall consist of one chairperson, not more than ten general members, and one executive secretary.
Article 4 (Mission of Members): The Committee shall examine the members' violations of their academic research ethics obligations and report the results of their handling to the board of directors of this society.
Article 5 (Number of quorum and resolution): The resolution of the Committee shall be made with the attendance of a majority of the former members (including the Chairperson, the Auditor) and the affirmative vote of a majority of the participants. However, in the case of an agenda item falling under Article 8 of these Regulations, a majority of all members shall participate and a resolution shall be passed with the consent of at least 2/3 of the members present.
Article 6 (Ethics Violation Cases): The following are violations to be referred to the committee's review:
1. Matters relating to dignity as a member;
(1) Where judicial sanctions are imposed in violation of laws or regulations required by the general public;
(2) In the case of a scandal in violation of the ethics of a researcher, such as improper personnel intervention or fraudulent execution of research funds;
(3) Judgment related to the dignity of a member shall be in accordance with the request of the general public and academia for self-purification, but shall not be determined by unjust premises, such as the intervention of public opinion.
2. Matters concerning the morality of research results
(1) In the case of forgery, tampering, plagiarism, unfair authorization, or unfair duplication as a result of a new study by improperly quoting or stealing the results of the study of oneself or another person;
(2) In the case of intentionally disparaging or concealing existing research in order to reveal the results of his/her research;
(3) Where it is deemed that there is a serious moral defect in the initiation, process, and results of other studies;
(4) The moral judgment of the research results shall be determined based on the honesty, efficiency, and objectivity of the research progress and results.
Article 7 (Examination Procedures): The review of the Committee shall follow the following procedures:
1. The convening of the Committee shall be at the request of the Chairman or the majority of the members. Upon receipt of a request for examination, the Chairperson shall convene a committee meeting within 20 days.
2. The Committee shall determine the procedures for the review of the proposed agenda, such as internal examination or participation of external judges, through discussions on the proposed agenda, but excluding members who may affect the progress of the review.
3. The Committee decides whether to violate academic research ethics after a thorough review of the research results of researchers. The Committee may, if necessary, interview the relevant researchers, informants, judges, etc. of the thesis in which the question has been raised.
4. The Chairperson reviews whether to grant an opportunity to explain the results through consultation with the relevant researchers, and gives them an opportunity to explain if they want to.
5. The researcher's explanation is made through a closed-door meeting of the committee. The Chairperson shall fully explain the progress of the current affairs to the relevant researchers and notify them to attend the meeting by preparing the requested materials for the explanation.
6. After the researcher's explanation, the committee shall deliberate on and decide on the agenda.
7. A person who participates in or is involved in the examination shall not divulge the identity or details of the examination and progress of the researcher to the outside world until the examination is completed and the result processing is completed.
8. In principle, the identity of the informant shall be kept private.
Article 8 (disciplinary): The Committee shall determine the type of disciplinary action after the examination and interview investigation is completed. The types of disciplinary action include the following, and may be disposed of in duplicate:
1. Prohibit the withdrawal, distribution, and use of papers
2. A public apology from the researchers concerned at the conference.
3. Suspend membership of the researcher concerned
4. Disappointment of the researcher concerned
Article 9 (Report of Examination Results): The Chairperson of the Committee shall report the results of the examination to the Board of Directors of this Society within 20 days. The following matters must be included in the report:
1. Appointment of the Review
2. Fraud subject to examination
3. List of judges and screening procedures
4. Evidence and relevant evidence of the review decision
5. Procedures for the explanation and handling of the members to be examined
Article 10 (Subsequent Measures): After reviewing the report of the Committee, the board of directors of this society shall take the following measures after deliberation and resolution.
1. Where the results of the review by the Committee determine that there is no problem with its rationality and validity, the Chairman shall implement the Committee's decision within 20 days upon the resolution of the Board of Directors' Meeting of this Society. The methods and procedures for implementation shall be determined by the Board of Directors.
2. If the review results of the Committee determine that there is a problem with its rationality and validity, the Board of Directors of this Society may require the Committee to review or supplement its report. However, this request is made only by documents stating specific reasons.
3. The Committee's reconsideration under paragraph 2 above shall be held within 20 days after the request of the executive meeting, and the quorum, resolution, and procedures for this reconsideration shall be as prescribed earlier.
4. The Committee shall report the results of the reconsideration to the Council of Councils within 20 days.
5. If the results of the second meeting of the Board of Directors differ from the Committee's decision of reconsideration, the final decision shall be made by the Council.
Article 11 (administrative matters) :
1. The committee secretary to the meeting of the Committee and the reports of its board must be within writing shall be kept.
2. Special measures should be treated as confidential unless information by classifying them document above.
3. The necessary financial support for the smooth operation of the Council to do.
Article 12 (Others):
1. Matters not specified in these Regulations shall be governed by the decisions of the Board of Directors of this Society.
2. The amendment of these Regulations shall be in accordance with the procedure for amending the rules of this society.
A Supplementary Regulation
1. This Regulation shall take effect from the date of its enactment on December 7, 2007.
2. This Regulation shall take effect from the date of its amendment on 7 November 2008.
3. This Regulation shall take effect from the date of its amendment on 4 November 2016.