Jeong Seon(鄭歚) painted a picture book, called GyeongGyoMyeongseungCheop(京郊名勝帖), in 1740 when he served as governor of Yang Cheon(陽川) County. The collection of paintings not only depicted beautiful scenery of the Han River(漢江), but described villas of famous literati as well. This paper first examined the villas depicted in Gwangjin(廣津) and Dongjakjin(銅雀津) whose the owners are not known, and then explored literati who lived in Apgujeong(鴨鷗亭) pavilion and its vicinity in the 18th century. Song Jeong-myeong(宋正明) and his brother Song Seong-myeong(宋成明) lived together at the foot of Mount Daesan(臺山) also dubbed as Sirubong. The brothers built Yeonjiwa(連枝窩), Cheongwudang(聽雨堂), Choyeonjeong(超然亭), Songseokheon(松石軒) and Haechijeong(奚取亭). Jo Gyeong-myeong(趙景命) who shared Doho(陶湖) lake with the brothers also built Gwirakjeong(歸樂亭), Sikyuam(息遊菴), Simandang(審安堂), and Suunru(峀雲樓). This paper has found that these buildings were painted in Gwangjin by Jeong Seon.
This paper has also found that YiGui(李貴), Nam Yong-ik(南龍翼), Yun Bong-gu(尹鳳九), Bak Pil-ju(朴弼周) and Yun Se-gi(尹世基), along with their families, lived in the 17~18th century in such famous pavilions as Changhoijeong(蒼檜亭), Changrangjeong(滄浪亭), and Mansinru(望宸樓) painted in Dongjakjin. Apgujeongpavilion, which was owned by YuYeong-gyeong(柳永慶) in the 17th century but taken and renovated by Yi Taek-in the 18th century, was painted in Apgujeong. Gosimjeong(古心亭) pavilion and Sukmongjeong(夙夢亭) pavilion, which were built at the site where Neongheojeong(凌虛亭) pavilion was located built by Yu Hi-bun in the 17th century and taken and renovated by Hong Seo-bong in the 18th century, was also painted in Apgujeong by JeongSeon.