Principles of Transparency and Best Practice in Scholarly Publishing
Editorial Committee and Publication Policies of Muslim-Christian Encounter
Article 1 (General Provisions)
1. This committee shall be called the Editorial Committee of the Torch Trinity Center for Islamic Studies (referred to as the “editorial committee” below).
Article 2 (Composition and Duration of Terms)
1. The Committee shall be composed of a maximum of six members including the chairperson and committee members.
2. Members of the editorial committee will be scholars in the following fields who are well-known for their research and academic activities. Members will be appointed by the chairperson of the committee and the appropriate size of the committee will be decided in consideration of the regional distributions within each field. This research institute will call editorial committee members as “Editorial Research Fellows” (referred to as editorial fellows below).
3. The chairperson of the editorial committee shall serve a term of four years, but may serve consecutive terms and may serve dually as the Director of the Institute. An editorial fellow shall serve a term of two years, but may serve consecutive terms.
Article 3 (Function)
1. The editorial committee shall oversee various matters regarding the evaluation and publication of Muslim-Christian Encounter.
2. The format and regulations for article submissions to Muslim-Christian Encounter shall follow a separate set of policies.
Article 4 (Qualifications)
An editorial fellow must satisfy the following qualifications.
1. Domestic and international recognition of excellent research achievements.
2. The ability to fairly evaluate articles and contribute to the improvement of the journal.
Article 5 (Convenings)
1. The chairperson of the editorial committee shall oversee convenings of the committee for the evaluation and publication of Muslim-Christian Encounter. The editorial committee may hold convenings online when needed.
2. Convenings of the committee will be met by the attendance of the majority of enrolled members, and will resolve resolutions through the approval of the majority of members present at the convening. In cases of a tie, the chairperson of the committee may cast the deciding vote.
Article 6 (Publication Guidelines for the Journal)
1. Muslim-Christian Encounter shall be published biannually and the publication schedule is as follows.
Publication date March 31st / September 30th
Article 7 (Rights reserved by the academic society)
1. For articles that are confirmed for publication in the journal, the writer shall not claim a violation of their rights if the institute provides online services related to distributing copies of the original work by the writer.
Article 8 (Measures on Plagiarism and Redundant Publication)
If the institute finds a writer to be in violation of research ethics such as plagiarism or redundant publication, it may place restrictions on the submission and publication of articles, in alignment with operational policies on research ethics.
Article 9 (Submission Policy and Evaluation Policy)
Detailed provisions on the submission and evaluation of submitted drafts will follow the institute’s policies on submission and evaluation.
Matters not specified in this policy will be decided by the editorial committee.
1. This policy will be in effect from January 1st, 2016.
2. Revisions to this policy will be in effect from February 28th, 2018.
3. Revisions to this policy will be in effect from February 28th, 2019.