Information for Authors
revision 2016. 06. 30.
1. Paper submission to our journal (Philosophy of Education) mainly consists of unpublished research paper. But when editorial committee recognize paper among something known serve to publish, this kind of paper could be published exceptionally.
2. Paper submission is only permitted to members of Our Society. But in case of joint or invite research, permitted exceptionally.
3. Paper submission is permitted only one time each one volume, And it should be transmitted to chief editor through e-mail with a letter of application suggesting for paper publication.
4. Paper submission should present academic interesting and job of a contributor(including joint researcher) in two line-footnote of researcher name. In case of research fund supporting, it should be presented in footnote of research subject.
5. In case of joint research consists of more than two researcher, front researcher is regarded as responsible researcher and next conjoint researcher.
6. Paper quantity usually have 25 pages in accordance with published book, but have a limited boundary which is 40 pages. When it is more than 25 pages, additional publishing fee should be imposed 10.000 won per one page.
7. One who trying paper submission should pay for a paper fee which is 100,000 won through the bank account of Our Society.
8. One who passing paper estimation should pay for following presentation fee.
1) A full-time member: 200.000 per one article
2) Not a full-time member: 150.000 per one article
3) Research fund supporting: 300.000 per one article
4) Joint research paper: 200.000 per one article
5) Over-subscribed: 10,000 per one exceeding page
9. Concerning contents of paper, it’s responsibility attribute to a contributor of paper. And submitted paper should not be return.
10. Copyright belongs to The Philosophy of Education Society Korea.
11. This is a rules to write paper, with foreign language abstract,
1) Submitted paper usually composed of Han-Guel, but if it would happen to confusion or need to stress the word. You can use original foreign word in the blank of ( )
2) Paper written with foreign language could be published with a permeating of its worth by editorial committee
3) Submitted paper should be composed of more than Han-Guel 97 version
4) In case of paper edition, this rules should be kept : (Paper B5, 182×257㎜. under 41㎜, left 36㎜, right 36㎜, heading 0㎜, footer 15㎜) paragraph shape (arrangement: both side and intermingle, interval 165, indent 10.5㎜) letter shape (letter size 10㎜, letter stretch 100㎜, letter interval 0㎜)
5) Written book name in paper: In case of thesis, present oriental book in the 「」, on the contrary western book present with italic type. Each name of quoted paper in a journal or a publication should be present in the “ ”, In case of oriental classic book, peon or jeon should be presented in a bank of 「 」. ※ way of expression of reference is expressed in 12-5
12. Details for paper creation
All the same with <letter stretch 100, letter interval 0>. more detailed,
① Title of paper <letter size: 17㎜, arrangement: center>
② Subtitle of chapter, clause. paragraph needs each one line empty space <above 1 and under 1> ※ In case of chapter, 2 above empty space line needed. more detailed,
1 step: Ⅰ, Ⅱ, Ⅲ--- <letter size: 13, arrangement: left>
2 step: 1, 2, 3, 4--- <letter size: 13 arrangement: left>
3 step: (1), (2), (3), (4)--- <letter size: 10, arrangement: both side>
simple arrangement: ① ② ③ ④, ※ in case of exceeding 3 step, additional mark <가, 나, 다, 라, 마--- > is permitted between 2 and 3 step, and additional mark like <(가), (나), (다), (라)--- > is permitted in last step
③ Mark of author and table: author name (including joint author) is < ○ ○ ○ *>
<letter size:10.5. arrangement: right, right space: 10>
* citation should be presented with academic interesting and job of author(including joint researcher) in two line-footnote.
table is located in a double box
2) Processing direct citation
In case of short, citation should be processed in a sentence,
In case of long enough(more than 3 lines) or want to stress, citation should be placed apart from main text. With one line space of above and under line, <sentence shape: left space 10 right space 10, letter size: 9.5>
3) Marking of footnote
① Footnote which needs much explanation should be processed with below line footnote <letter size: 8,5>
Footnote which consists of reference should mark author name, publishing year, page in the blank of ( ), after citation paragraph.
e. g) 가, with the recent research of Hong Gil-Dong(Hong Gil-Dong, 1999: 20),
나, Hong Gil-Dong(1990: 20) saying,
다, He would be a successor of our culture (Dewey, 1897: 84)
② When it is same author and same year, you can add it a, b, c
e. g) “仁 is man and man”(Jung Yak-Young, 1978b: 2) In this case, same rule (a, b, c)should be applied to reference of literature at the same time
③ Using <Ibid>, when it is same citation with front citation.
e, g) “This concept of free is for practice” (Ibid,: 177)
④ Not using, like (Op, cit) and (Ioc, cit)
⑤ In case of oriental classic literature, marking book name(e.g. 編 or 典) without any author name or page is permitted.
4) Table and graph
① Attach serial number in table and graph. Using < > in table and using 〔 〕 in graph. Serial number and table title should be presented at the top part in case of table, meanwhile at the bottom part in graph. e,g) <table> ∨∨ table title, 〔graph∨1〕∨∨graph title.
② With a file of table and graph, it should be submitted
A finished drawing should be submitted, if we need to copy it.
5) Reference marking
① After one space, title letter of reference should be written, <letter: bright, letter size: 14, arrangement: center>. Empty space upper and under line each.
② Menu of reference should be usually presented with tree elements (author name, book name or title name, publisher)
③ Accord with original published contents (including Han-Guel, foreign language, spacing words), maintain the same ways (author name, book name). If it is oriental author, (author interval: 20)
④ In case of book name, paper title <oriental literature: a consonant, western literature: italic>
⑤ In case of more than two line reference, under line of each have 35 empty space. Note: reference of literature <control all → left space 35 right space 35 in sentence shape>
⑥ <example 3> express how to mark paper which is published in journal or publication
⑦ In case of well known oriental classic literature, marking book name(e.g. 編 or 典) without any author name or page is permitted. Put a period(.) after book name in this case also,
※ Note <example>, especially attention to side dot, spacing words.
<example 1>, In case of book
홍길동(1997). 권위, 자율 그리고 교육. 대구:계명대학교 출판부.
Peters. R. S.(1996). Ethics and Education. London: George Allen and Unwin.
<example 2>, In case of dissertation
홍길동(1987). 茶山의 敎育論. 경북대학교. 박사학위논문.
Hong, Gil-dong(1993). Education as Living: A Re-evaluation of
John Dewey’s Experience–Centered Curriculum. Doctoral Dissertation
of University of New York.
<example 3>, In case of journal or publication
홍길동(1992) “교육철학의 체계화에 관한 비판적 연구”. 한국교육철학회.
Wilson. John(1993). “Equality Revisited”. Journal of philosophy of
Education, No, 27, 113-114.
6) Marking English abstract
① English abstract title <size:11 arrangement: both side> need one empty space upper and below line each. Note: If it is written with foreign language, abstract should be composed of Han-Guel.
② Paper title <size: 17, arrangement: center>, author(including joint author) like Hong, Gil-Dong (size; 10.5, arrangement: right, right space: 10),
③ With the same method of paper marking, abstract contents should be composed
④ In the below of abstract, more or less 7 Key words should be written side by side
7) Something not mentioned earlier, following general method of paper composition.