본문 바로가기
  • Home

Lightweight Individual Encryption for Secure Multicast Dissemination over WSNs

  • Journal of The Korea Society of Computer and Information
  • Abbr : JKSCI
  • 2013, 18(11), pp.115-124
  • Publisher : The Korean Society Of Computer And Information
  • Research Area : Engineering > Computer Science

박태현 1 김승영 2 권구인 1

1인하대학교
2인하대학교 컴퓨터정보공학부

Accredited

ABSTRACT

In this paper, we suggest a secure data dissemination by Lightweight Individual Encryption Multicast scheme over wireless sensor networks using the individual encryption method with Forward Error Correction instead of the group key encryption method. In wireless sensor networks,a sink node disseminates multicast data to the number of sensor nodes to update the up to date software such as network re-programming and here the group key encryption method is the general approach to provide a secure transmission. This group key encryption approach involves re-key management to provide a strong secure content distribution, however it is complicated to provide group key management services in wireless sensor networks due to limited resources of computing,storage, and communication. Although it is possible to control an individual node, the cost problem about individual encryption comes up and the individual encryption method is difficult to apply in multicast data transmission on wireless sensor networks. Therefore we only use 0.16% of individually encrypted packets to securely transmit data with the unicast to every node and the rest 99.84% non-encrypted encoded packets is transmitted with the multicast for network performance.

Citation status

* References for papers published after 2022 are currently being built.