본문 바로가기
  • Home

CHARMS: A Mapping Heuristic to Explore an Optimal Partitioning in HW/SW Co-Design

  • Journal of The Korea Society of Computer and Information
  • Abbr : JKSCI
  • 2010, 15(9), pp.1-8
  • Publisher : The Korean Society Of Computer And Information
  • Research Area : Engineering > Computer Science

Olufemi 1 Jeong-A Lee 1

1조선대학교

Accredited

ABSTRACT

The key challenge in HW/SW co-design is how to choose the appropriate HW/SW partitioning from the vast array of possible options in the mapping set. In this paper we present a unique and efficient approach for addressing this problem known as Customized Heuristic Algorithm for Reducing Mapping Sets(CHARMS). CHARMS uses sensitivity to individual task computational complexity as well the computed weighted values of system performance influencing metrics to streamline the mapping sets and extract the most optimal cases. Using H.263 encoder, we show that CHARMS sieves out 95.17% of the sub-optimal mapping sets, leaving the designer with 4.83% of the best cases to select from for run-time implementation.

Citation status

* References for papers published after 2022 are currently being built.